The Heralds of the Gospel seek to bring the Good News of the Gospel everywhere. There where they are invited to act, in coordination with the pastoral guidelines of each diocese, the Herald priests seek to bring words of joy, trust and support to Catholics and to all men and women of good will. In order to take this message even further, the "Word for Our Day" programme seeks to offer a synthetic view of the essential points of the liturgy of each Sunday.
In the video we offered below, excerpts from some of the homilies delivered on Sunday December 15, 2019 were compiled:
- Pe. Anderson Fernandes Pereira – Headquarters of the Heralds, in Brasilia (DF)
- Pe. Charlemagne Defanti – Oratory Our Lady of Fatima in Nova Friburgo (RJ)
- Pe. Eduardo Zacarias de Paula – Headquarters of the Heralds, in Fortaleza (CE)
- Pe. Felipe Ramos – Chapel Of Our Lady of Pilar, in Ubatuba (SP)
- Pe. Hélio Rodrigues – Capela São Paulo, in Campos dos Goytacazes (RJ)
- Pe. Íñigo Abbad Luengo – Seat of the Heralds in Maringá (PR)
- Pe. Luiz Francisco Beccari – Capela São Francisco, caieiras (SP)
- Pe. Maurício de Oliveira Sucena – Headquarters of the Heralds, in Cuiabá (MT)
- Pe. Max Adriano Ribeiro – Headquarters of the Heralds, in Campo Grande (MS)
- Pe. Mário Beccar Varela – Headquarters of the Heralds, in Recife (PE)
- Pe. Ricardo José Basso – Basilica Of Our Lady of the Rosary of Fatima, in Cotia (SP)
God never ceases to guide his people, and the means used by Him for this is sending his elect, the prophets. Now, the prophet's mission is to open the eyes of the blind and descend the ears of the deaf, pointing the way of God.
The prophet's greatest preaching is his own life, his works, no wonder he contradicts the world's highs. Therefore, one of its main characteristics is the suffering and firmness through which it opposes populism and ambiguity.
Now God never abandons his people, and therefore the true Church of Jesus Christ will always be led by Him. The Church is the beacon of humanity, and those who do not walk in their light are in darkness. Therefore, there must also be prophets to guide us today. Where are they? It's about opening your eyes and looking for them.
Indeed, there is no greater joy in this earth than finding god's true path, having your eyes open, having your ears uncerrado. On the other hand, there is no greater sadness than – having seen and heard the Truth – wanting to remain blind and deaf.